The story of our family of five six that has been uprooted from a city on the plains of Canada and find ourselves in a village in the French Alpes.

Consider yourself informed.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Rentrée 2011



The kids had their first day of school today.   It went pretty well for all of them.  We were a little worried about how Micah would adjust to full days - but he did just fine.  They all seem to like their teachers - and Micah and Matea - sorry Matéa - are in the same class.


 
Their class is a GS/CE1 split.  You see - of course - we have one in GS - which is Grande Section - one in CE1 which is "something something 1" and one in CM1 which is 'something-I-think-maternelle 1.  Class Maternelle 1 maybe?  
So yes - we are obviously very involved parents who are right on top of our children's education.





When I was putting the protective plastic wrapping on the work books this evening (don't ask) I did flip through a reading book and notice that Louis XIV and a crème caramel recipe were in it.  So that should be good.
It does seem strange that we are already doing this for a second time.

2 comments:

  1. So glad they had a good day!
    I do have to ask about the plastic wrap - as Drake came home and said to put some plastic on his books???
    Oh and don't feel bad- I was picking the kids up for lunch and couldn't tell the Irish man my kids teachers names.... REALLY INVOLVED PARENT thats when I wanted to pretend I didn't understand "Irish"!haha here is to day 2, 3 and 4 going better then the last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you want to "pretend" to not understand Irish. good one.
    yes - the plastic wrapping of the books is a ritual of which I lack a full appreciation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...